Our Courses Now-a-days, as the quality of education and its methods are growing very fast with latest computerized technologies and skills; the need to upgrade the College into collegiate level come to the mind of the management. The joint and untiring effort of management, all the directors, the principal and nursing staff made it possible to upgrade it with collegiate programme in the year 2015. We have now started the collegiate programme with Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing by an approval of 30 seats from Indian Nursing Council New Delhi, Baba Farid University of Health Sciences Faridkot, Punjab Nurses Registration Council, Chandigarh and Govt of Punjab.
At Present we are running General Nursing and Midwifery Course with 60 seats and Post Basic B.Sc. with 30 seats. General Nursing and Midwifery Course is a diploma course of 3 years and our outgoing students are in almost all the countries of the world.
The College is offering General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) Course approved by PNRC, Chandigarh and INC, New Delhi. This is a complete fulltime three & half years (3½) course, with English as the medium of instruction. The students are given (theoretical in the class room) and practical training in wards. In addition to this there shall be one year in community Nursing and Midwifery during this period.
Eligibility criteria for admission
G.N.M Must pass 10+2 examination (in any stream- medical, non-medical, commerce, arts) with 40% marks.
For S.C/S.T students 35% marks.
Age limit – Between : 17 to 35 years. Married can also apply
POST BASIC B.Sc – Must be a registered nurse from a recognized university.
Other terms and conditions as per the Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot.
On completion of the course, the nurse will be able to:
- Demonstrate competency in providing health care to individual, sick or well using nursing process.
- Assess and evaluate the nursing need of clients from birth to death.
- Plan and implement appropriate action to meet the nursing needs.
- Provide effective nursing care for maintaining best possible level of health in all aspects.
- Promote self care in people and eradicate self care deficit syndrome.
- Do for better nursing practice; apply latest problem solving technology.
- Assess and evaluate the nursing process and effectiveness of nursing care.
- Function effectively and keep a good inter personal relationship with the members of the health team and the community.
- Maintain a good rapport with patients, attendants and coworkers.
- Fulfill the motto of curative, preventive and promotive as well as rehabilitative care.
- Consider and maintain the ethical values in nursing profession.
- Give good counseling and health education to the needy.
- Be an excellent educator, counselor, leader, organizer, administrator and teacher for the community.