Post Matric Scholarships Schemes for OBC Students
SCHEME OF POST-MATRIC SCHOLARSHIPS TO THE OTHER BACKWARD CLASSES
The objective of the scheme is to provide financial assistance to the OBC students studying at post-matriculation or post-secondary stage to enable them to complete their education.
Conditions & Eligibility
1. Employed students whose income combined with the income of their parents/guardians does not exceed Rs. 1.00 lakh per annum shall be eligible for post matric scholarships to the extent of reimbursement of all compulsorily payable non refundable fees. In case of unemployed students whose parents/guardians income from all sources does not exceed Rs.1.00 lakh per annum will be entitled for the scholarship under the Scheme.
2. The scholarships will be open to Indian nationals belonging to OBCs, as notified by the State Govt.
3. These scholarships will be given for the study of all recognized post-matriculation or post-secondary courses pursued in recognized institutions with the following exceptions:
“Scholarships shall not be awarded for training courses like Aircraft Maintenance Engineer’s Course and Private Pilot License Courses. Courses at Training-Ship Duffer in (Now Rejendra), Courses of training at the Military College, Dehradun, Courses at pre-examination Training Centers of All India and State levels.”
4. Only those candidates who belong to OBCs so specified in relation to the State to which the applicant actually belongs, i.e. permanently settled and who have passed the Matriculation or Higher secondary or any higher examination of a recognized University or Board of Secondary Education will be eligible.
5. Candidates who, after passing one stage of education, are studying in the same stage of education in different subject e.g. I. Sc. after I.A or B.Com. after B.A. or M.A. in a subject after M.A in another subject will not be eligible.
6. Students who, after having completed their educational career in one professional line, e.g., LLB after B.T/B. Ed will not be eligible.
7. Students studying in XI Class of the Higher Secondary School courses or the XII class of the Multipurpose High School will not be eligible for it being a continuous school course. However, in cases, where tenth class examination of such courses is treated as equivalent to Matriculation and students who after passing tenth class join other courses, such students will be treated as post-matric students and will be eligible for the award of scholarships.
8. Students pursuing Post-graduate courses in medicine will be eligible if they are not allowed to practice during the period of their course.
9. Students who after failing or passing the Under Graduate/Post-Graduate examinations in Arts/science/Commerce join any recognized professional or Technical certificate/diploma/degree courses will be awarded scholarships if otherwise eligible. No subsequent failure will be condoned except courses in Group ‘A’ and no further change in the course will be allowed.
10. Students who pursue their studies through correspondence courses will be eligible towards reimbursement of non-refundable fee. The term correspondence includes distant and continuing education. Besides reimbursement of non-refundable fee, such students will also be eligible for an annual allowance of Rs.900/-for essential/prescribed books, as applicable.
11. Only two boys of the same parents/guardian will be entitled to receive scholarships. This restriction will, however, not apply to girls. Accordingly, scholarship availed by girls of same parents/guardian will not adversely affect admissibility of availing scholarship upto two boys of same parents/guardian.
12. A scholarship holder under this Scheme will not hold any other scholarship/stipend. If awarded any other scholarship/stipend, the students can exercise his/her option for either of the two scholarships/stipends, whichever is more beneficial to him/her and should inform the awarding authority through the Head of the Institution about the option made. No scholarship will be paid to the students under this Scheme from the date he/she accepts any other scholarships/stipend.The student can however, accept free lodging or a grant or ad-hoc monetary help from the State Government or any other source for the purchase of books, equipment or for meeting the expenses on board and lodging, in addition to the scholarship amount paid under this Scheme.
13. Scholarship holders who are receiving coaching in any of the pre-examination training centers with financial assistance from the Central Government/State Government will not be eligible for stipend under the coaching schemes for the duration of the coaching programme.