Guru Nanak Educational Charitable Society Regd. was established in year 1997 under the stewardship of Dr. Balwinder Singh Walia at Gopalpur, District Ludhiana. The Society is providing Professional, Medical and Nursing education to the nearby areas especially to the rural students through its colleges namely Guru Nanak Ayurvedic Medical College & Research Institute (B.A.M.S), Guru Nanak College of Education (B.Ed. & M.Ed.) & Guru Nanak College of Nursing (GNM, B.Sc. Nursing, B.Sc. Post Basic Nursing) under the name & style of Guru Nanak Group of Colleges. So many Doctors, Teachers & Nurses are serving the community after getting education from these Institutes. Guru Nanak Hospital is also being run by the Society at Dehlon & is providing medical facilities to the people of nearby area on affordable rates like, Ultra Sound Scan, ECG, Modern Lab, X-Ray etc. Society is also organizing free medical camps, distribution of free medicines to the poor people, distribution of free ration on every SANGRANDH at the beginning of the month, Tree plantation, Free Eye Checkup Camp & many other social activities for the needy and uplift-ment of the life of people living below poverty line.
Aims of Society
- To setup & organize, Social, Cultural, Educational Institutions including schools, colleges, Hospitals, Health clinics, Dispensaries, Reading rooms & Research centers and other Institutions for public welfare.
- To serve the deserving masses without any discriminition of colour caste and creed by imparting free education in the field of Science, Medical, Nursing & humanities. To organize Teachers training camp, workshops, seminars, conferences for the benefit of faculty & students.
- The society plans to start more Educational Institutes in the near future.
- To take active interest and practical steps in Civil, Economical Social & Moral Welfare of the society.
- To propagate, disseminate and spread the feeling of Ahinsa, Trust, Service, Sacrifice and Brotherhood.
- To provide help to the deserving student i.e. in the form of stipend, scholarships, cost of book and necessary expenditure for receiving education.
- Education loan facility for the Students.
- To provided medical assistance to the poor in form of medical aid, medicines, food, clothes, spectacles and fee etc.
- To establish manage and maintain institutions for imparting general, vocational, industrial, moral and physical, education, legal education, teacher training & technical education.
- To accept subscription, donation & moveable properties to raise monetary fund for the society and to utilize the same for welfare of the society.
- To purchase , hire or otherwise acquire any movable or immovable property for fulfillment any of the objective of the society.
- To borrow or lend with or without interest or enter into contact for the furtherance of the objective of society.
- To help any other notable causes of general public utility and do all such other lawful acts & deeds which are found necessary conductive and incidental for the attainment of any of the objectives of the society.
- To spread Education & Knowledge amongst all classes of society by setting up more colleges & School.